[wp-testers] Code Kvetching

Rick Beckman rick.beckman at gmail.com
Wed May 7 01:22:39 GMT 2008

I actually stopped using Code Auto Escape (CAE) once I started using the
Visual Editor. Visual Editor solves plenty of the escaping issues by
escaping &, <, and >; however, CAE then sees the code as &amp;, &lt;, and
&gt;... Then it escapes them: &amp;amp;, &amp;lt;, &amp;gt;. Bummer. Other
than that, I had nothing but joy using it. It's just no longer relevant now
that I use the Visual Editor.

--
Rick Beckman

On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 8:37 PM, Mr. Awesome <
theone.andonly.mr.awesome at gmail.com> wrote:

> Alexander Beutl wrote:
>
> > Oddly enough, with no code-preserving or whatever plugins enabled, it is
> > > appearing as it ought to -- no character conversions in CODE.
> > >

> Just curious, if this (which I'd love for it to make core) goes gold...
> will it basically replace this plugin then? Or, is it basically the "same"
> as this plugin?
>
> Plugin Name: Code Auto Escape
> Plugin URI:
> http://priyadi.net/archives/2005/09/27/wordpress-plugin-code-autoescape/