[wp-testers] Highlight in Add Link Panel

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Sun Mar 30 15:35:16 GMT 2008

On Mar 30, 2008, at 6:53 AM, Andrew Ozz wrote:
> The highlighting is browser dependent. I'll have to run some more
> tests to make it work in most (there are lots of supported browsers
> now: FF2, FF3, Opera on Mac, Linux and Windows; Safari on Mac and
> Windows; IE6, IE7 and soon IE8 on Windows. Yep, that makes 13-14!).

Ye Gods, Man!  Don't forget iCab!  ;)

Just checked it.  It doesn't highlight.  If you give me some hints
where the right code is I'll see if I can make a patch for it.  (You
do this programmatically, yes?)

> I think Matt's idea is best: onBlur look for links starting with
> www. and add http:// in front, as they definitely need that.

Yes, that's a pretty good idea. Woe betide the poor sap who has a
"www." directory!  :)

Stephen
is feeling punchy after a late night.

--