[wp-testers] Adding New User Wants To Change Pword for Admin

Dawnne Gee synthaetica at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 15:40:16 GMT 2008

In my boring little test-bed at http://rbmr.com, I have one Admin account,
and that's it.

As I went to add a new user (admin role), upon submitting the New User form
on the Manage Users page, I was prompted  to verify that I wanted to change
the password for my singular OTHER account. Upon declining ("Cancel"), the
Manage User page returned "ERROR: Please enter the same password in the two
password fields." Which I found amusing, because I had copy-n-pasted from a
text file directly into both fields.

Here's the fun part. I only got this to happen once. When I submitted it
again (without touching the password fields, I might add), the account was
created as expected with no prompt to verify that I wanted to change the
password for my other account, and no warning on the passwords.

I have tried several times to replicate the initial behavior, to the point
that if the database were a sentient entity, it would be thinking I am
incredibly indecisive (the new account had the same username each time) and
wondering if I might not be just a little schizophrenic. No luck.

I was using FF2.0.0.13 because other browsers on XP either blow chunks or
just look poorly designed. (I kid, I kid.)

:: synthaetica ::

if (x='reality') x='boring';