[wp-testers] Gallery Links Not Changing?

Kirk M kmb42vt at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 23:45:31 GMT 2008

George Pearce wrote:
> I’ve just made a post with images in it, and the links didn’t go to it’s own
> extra page, it went directly to the gif file where it is stored.
>
> Is this a bug that anyone else has picked up, or it just me messing around
> with it?
>
> The links are working in the manage media thing, but they don’t change in
> the post. I manually edited the last post on my blog.
>

> Thanks

George,

Once the image is uploaded you have two buttons at the bottom of the
uploader box that changes the source link...one that says "File URL" and
the other that says "Post URL". I believe that "File URL" is the default
source link which will link all your thumbnails (or whatever
"non-original" size) to the original images. Try it again and hit the
"Post URl" button to change the source link to show the image in it's
own "page" and I believe that will accomplish what you're looking for.