[wp-testers] Gallery column weirdness

Jerome M Brossard jerome at concisecomputing.com
Sat Mar 29 02:52:09 GMT 2008

Noticed two things about the gallery columns this evening:

1. Number of columns problem when there are multiple galleries in a page:
When multiple galleries are placed on a page each with a different number of
columns specified, all galleries on the page will end up with the same
number of columns.  Probably not the desired effect, but it makes sense with
how the CSS that controls the number of columns is coded, which leads to
multiple differing definitions for the same elements on the page.   Could
perhaps be fixed by making the width style inline?

2. A four column gallery comes out all wrong on my IE6 (6.0.2900.2180) / Win
XP Pro SP2.
But it is fine in Win FF2 and Win Safari 3.1.  And 1,2,3,5,6,7,8 or 9
columns are just fine in IE6.  The four column gallery comes out like so:

X X X
X X X
X X X

I am using RC3 now, but also noticed this in RC2.

Jerome