[wp-testers] Cannot get a post to Publish when I use the "Insert/edit embedded media" tool on the visual tool bar

Andrew Ozz admin at laptoptips.ca
Fri Mar 28 21:36:34 GMT 2008

MichaelH wrote:
> Using 2.5-RC3 (R7561)  on both a Xampp and a shared hosting environment.
>
> For the life of me, I cannot get a post to Publish when I use the
> "Insert/edit embedded media" tool on the visual tool bar.  When I try to
> Publish I get the "Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page"
> question.
>
> In the media popup window I'm changing the type to "Shockwave" and pasting
> the URL [1] into the File/URL field.  It shows the video in the Preview. I
> click on insert, but clicking Publish causes the "Are you sure you want to
> navigate...." warning.
>
> I can paste the URL [1] into a post in HTML mode and it works just fine.
>
> Am I doing something wrong?

No, you're not doing anything wrong :-)

It sounds like a cache problem. When opening a popup in TinyMCE, it is
an iframe and the browser downloads the html, css and js for it from the
server, or uses cache.

Try deleting the browser cache and/or right-click on the popup and
refresh it while holding down Ctrl/Shift. The media popup used to have
some issues in IE6 and sometimes IE7, but has been working well for the
last few weeks.

If that doesn't work, can you enable error reporting in IE (advanced
options) and notice any js errors.

Thanks.