[wp-testers] Center

Dawnne Gee synthaetica at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 16:25:02 GMT 2008

> Here I disagree.  I think WordPress is popular because it's
>
> 1) easy to install
> 2) easy to extend
> 3) easy to find great new looks for
>
> It's never been about the admin screens, and so much of the
> adaptability is not due to WP itself but rather highly-motivated
> coders willing to create really awesome plugins that do things people
> want to do.

Yes, but no. In my case (and I really have no idea as to how much of a
percentage of users I represent), I switched to Wordpress for the reasons
you describe, plus:

4) the ease and fluidity with which to create content
5) the relatively more intuitive (and far more extensive) administration
options

In fact, in my non-work-related blogs, 4 & 5 together outweigh 1, 2 & 3!

And, unless I'm misreading from the rest of your post, Doug, you actually
agree with this.

But, this particular horse is dead in terms of 2.5. Beating it just makes a
bigger mess. (and remember, please, that I agree with you about the loss of
functionality on the Write page) If we're going to test, let's test!

~synth~