[wp-testers] tags on pages

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Fri Mar 28 15:09:08 GMT 2008

Kirk M wrote:
> Wait for the new version of  "Simple Tags" to come out which
> incorporates tags for pages. For the most part tags aren't normally used
> for pages since in most cases at present pages are hit very much less
> often than posts which is probably why tags haven't been included for
> pages. Sounds simple enough to do but rather complicated in execution.
> See if there's a ticket submitted for this and if not, submit one. Can't
> hurt. :)

We haven't talked about it much, but 2.5 introduces a much-improved
taxonomy system which should allow you to register new or existing
taxonomies (like tags, but also people, places, things) on to content
types including pages, posts, attachments, links...

I'm going to try to get a demo of this on my blog in the next few days.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://ma.tt | http://automattic.com