[wp-testers] AW: Write Page

Stefano Aglietti steagl4ml at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 07:43:50 GMT 2008

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 21:49:56 -0700, Matt Mullenweg <m at mullenweg.com>
wrote:

>Others may never take to it, but that's okay, WP has always done what it
>considers best in core, avoided unnecessary options, and allowed people
>with differing opinions about how things should work to express that
>through plugins. We also watch usage of plugins closely, and might
>change the direction of the software based on something with grassroots
>popularity, in fact many of the major features in WP the past few years
>have been a result of this.

To solve the "scroll problem" (that sound more fantasy related than
computer relted ;) ) would be nice when the user push the publish
button check if a category is assigned and some tags are added, if not
jump to category panel and tags panel with an ajax messagge that
invite to assign category(s) and tag(s) before publishing it, with a
done button in these box. When both button are pushed the post will be
really published (if no category is selected the default one is
assigned, if no tags are written no tags assigned to the post)
This way no scroll, no risk to forget to assign the right categories
to a post or missing tags.

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it