[wp-testers] youtube shortcode

Andrew Ozz admin at laptoptips.ca
Fri Mar 28 06:25:59 GMT 2008

px wrote:
> Matt Mullenweg wrote:
>> The most popular shortcode we've done thus far is a youtube one, which
>> is like [youtube http://youtube.com/?v=aoeuaoue]. This gets expanded,
> After reading that on this list, I immediately tried a youtube test post
> on my blog running 2.5rc2.  it didn't embed. :(
>
> A search led me to here
> http://faq.wordpress.com/2006/07/29/how-do-i-post-a-youtube-video/
> but that makes me think it's only for WordPress.com blogs.
>
> any chance this shortcode will make it into the WordPress trunk for
> general users?
>
> I was kind of hoping the new add video feature would have been like that.

Not sure about the shortcode, seems too late for new features, even
small ones, however adding youtube videos is quite easy in 2.5. Either
paste the link youtube gives in its sidebar directly in HTML mode, or
paste the url of the page in the "Media" popup available from the second
toolbar row in TinyMCE.