[wp-testers] 2.5 RC2 where are post slugs gone?

Francesc Hervada-Sala francesc at hervada.org
Fri Mar 28 05:59:17 GMT 2008

Am Donnerstag, 27. März 2008 22:50:20 schrieb Ryan Boren:
> The permalink editor isn't shown if you are not using "pretty"
>
> http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6364
>
> I'll look into a fix.

Hello all,

Ryan: thanks a lot for this information, now is it all clear!

Please do not let this as it is for the 2.5 release. I was very upset
yesterday, because after a new installation the post slug was not shown any
more. I am sure other people will have this trouble, too. One expects the
information: I use the post slugs in my cross-references-plugin as an
alternative post ID when setting cross-references from one post to another.
This has nothing to do whith permalinks, but uses the post slug, too.)

I propose this: A new option "Show pretty permalinks on post edit page". This
can only be enabled if the blog uses pretty permalinks. If it is enabled, one
sees the javascript-permalink under the title, if it is disabled, then the
slgudiv is not hidden.

Cheers,

--
Francesc