[wp-testers] Paste as Plain Text?

Daniel Schoonover daniel at dangarion.com
Thu Mar 27 20:36:47 GMT 2008

So let me get this straight.  The way it was working before RC2 (the same
way it worked in 2.3.3 was wrong?  That way seemed to work better, I would
usually get the format to carry over to my pasting in my blog.  Now I have
to reformat things whenever I paste into the visual editor.  It makes no
sense we you would make a user have to do a command twice to input text.

Also I am experiencing some type of issue where once I did do the plain text
paste and then hit "Insert" the text that is show in my visual editor would
basically be locked, ie.  I could delete any of it.  I could change formate
(bold,underline,etc) but no editing of the words themselves.

Lastly when you are typing a post, there is no Cancel button, there is
Preview, Save, and Publish, but no link for Cancel (people sometimes change
their mind).  The novice user may get frustrated that there is no button for
it but there is for all the other options.  You and I may know we can just
leave the page and will get prompted with a Info box, but once again this
seems to be counter productive of just having a Cancel button (I realize
2.3.3 didn't have cancel either, just always seemed weird, so I decided to
mention it now).

Cheers!
Daniel
http://www.dangarion.com