[wp-testers] Center

Doug Stewart zamoose at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 18:29:54 GMT 2008

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 2:13 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

>  > I think they're waiting for feedback from more non-devs.  I don't know
>  > that I agree, as it may well be too late (i.e., giant black eye) once
>  > this hits the Internet[s].
>  >

>  wp-testers != developers

Understood.  Also note count(wp-testers) < count (total WordPress
users).  Methinks that's what they're (Automattic, et al.) banking on
-- the fact that the participants on the -testers and -hackers lists
are a more tech-savvy, and thus perhaps splenetic crew.

>  > In some ways, yes, in some ways, no.  The unification of look n' feel
>  > across Manage subscreens is almost a feature in and of itself, IMNSHO.
>  >
>  > I think what you really mean, at core, is that the UI of the Write
>  > screen is a clear step backwards, n'est pas?
>  >

>  no, it's much more than that. As I explained in my last email - the
>  overall layout and many of the underlying design principles (like
>  "click on the name") are simply wrong.

Gotcha.  I don't disagree with your points (didn't when I first read
'em, either), it's just that, as these things go, the Write screen
seems to have gotten the lion's share of (sure to appear seemingly)
arbitrary changes.

--
-Doug

http://literalbarrage.org/blog/