[wp-testers] Center

Doug Stewart zamoose at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 17:37:04 GMT 2008

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 12:54 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

>  - bad minimum requirements (why can't I use the wp-admin pages from a
>  Blackberry?)

Self-plug: http://wphoneplugin.org/.

It (appears) to work just fine with 2.5.  We're looking to release a
new version soon.

>  Every time one of us criticizes the new design we are told how hard
>  the team tried and how much work went into it. Look. The team writing
>  Windows Vista tried really hard and a lot of work went into it. It
>  still sucks. Same goes for lots of other software. In open source
>  usually software gets better BECAUSE the constant feedback of the
>  community is taken seriously. I don't feel that our feedback is taken
>  seriously at all - most if not all of the things I list above have
>  been reported over and over again, yet nothing has changed.

I think they're waiting for feedback from more non-devs.  I don't know
that I agree, as it may well be too late (i.e., giant black eye) once
this hits the Internet[s].

>  The user interface of 2.5 is a CLEAR STEP BACKWARDS. And saying that
>  this will be "fixed in 2.6 if enough users complain" is just
>  ridiculous. Why make it worse to begin with???

In some ways, yes, in some ways, no.  The unification of look n' feel
across Manage subscreens is almost a feature in and of itself, IMNSHO.

I think what you really mean, at core, is that the UI of the Write
screen is a clear step backwards, n'est pas?

--
-Doug

http://literalbarrage.org/blog/