[wp-testers] RC1: "Publish Status" UI is missing some backend

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Wed Mar 26 21:44:02 GMT 2008

On Mar 26, 2008, at 12:03 PM, Kevin & Lorie Behrens wrote:
> The "keep private" checkbox implies a separate attribute indicating
> that the post IS or WILL BE private, if and when it is published.
> Yet there's still really just one post_status attribute, and
> checking the private box just overrides the published/unpublished/
> pending selection to private (which still means published and
> private) without saying so.

This is intentional.  We want private posts to DEFINITELY be private.
Before, hitting "Publish" would set your post to be published (i.e.
override Private).  By making Private a checkbox, we can be 100% sure
about your intention, and make sure we're not ever exposing a private
post.

> Contributors get the "Submit for Review" button, but also have a
> "Publish Status" selector that includes "Published".  If Contributor
> selects "Published" and "Submits for Review", the resulting post is
> published with post_status 'private'; no "pending review" cue for
> editors.  This happens whether or not the private checkbox is checked.

I did a lot of work on this for RC2, as "Submit for Review" is sort of
my baby.  Now Contributors only have "Draft" or "Pending Review."

Download RC2 [1] and see if that resolves your issues.

==
[1] http://wordpress.org/wordpress-2.5-RC2.zip

--
Mark Jaquith • http://markjaquith.com/