[wp-testers] .htaccess tweak re mod_security and image upload using Windows Firefox

Mistah P mistahp.testers at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 17:00:48 GMT 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 11:31 AM, Andy Skelton <skeltoac at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 12:16 PM, Mistah P <mistahp.testers at gmail.com> wrote:
>  >  When I disable mod_security, it still fails, this time with 403
>
>  Plugins? Bad Behavior?

That's not the issue with me. I've gone so far as the create a new
install with a new DB, no plugins and the default theme and the
problem persists. The default server configuration gives 406 errors
with the Flash uploader. When I use htaccess to disable mod_security,
I get 403 errors. When I try the fix Phil mentioned in this thread, I
still get 403 errors.

I'm assuming this is an issue with my host's server config, so I'm
waiting for 2.5 to go final to bring it up with them. For now, I
changed wp-admin/includes/media.php to set $flash = false (core hack!
bad me, no cookie!) so Firefox uses the HTML uploader.