[wp-testers] Unable to Upload

Andy Skelton skeltoac at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 16:22:13 GMT 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 10:50 AM, Brent Logan <gbrentlogan at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not using bad behavior, never have. I got the 403 error even with no
>  plugins activated. Apparently, this is a host configuration issue. I
>  searched "flash upload 403" and found that putting the following lines in my
>  .htaccess file fixes the problem.
>
>  SecFilterEngine Off
>  SecFilterScanPOST Off

If this were conditional and specifically directed at the flash upload
target file it could be a very nice thing to add to .htaccess where we
can. Here is a first attempt:

<IfModule mod_security.c>
SecFilterSelective "REQUEST_URI" "wp-admin/async-upload.php" "allow,nolog"
</IfModule>

Anyone on Apache experiencing HTTP upload errors not resolved by
removing plugins, please add that to your .htaccess file and report
the results here.

Andy