[wp-testers] Posting with wp-admin/sidebar.php fails

Mistah P mistahp.testers at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 15:36:09 GMT 2008

When attempting to publish a post or save a draft with
wp-admin/sidebar.php, the action fails and WP shows a simple error
page stating "Your attempt to add this post has failed." and then
links back to sidebar.php saying "Please try again." This occurs with
2.5RC2 and previously occurred with RC1 as well. Is that a nonce check
failing?

The super minimalist interface in sidebar.php can be useful for quick
and dirty posts using mobile devices, which may not work well with the
full form on post-new.php. Personally I find that sidebar.php doesn't
meet my needs and I wrote a plugin to create my own "write mobile
post" form, but that's neither here nor there.

The "look and feel" of sidebar.php, and the lack of a tag input field,
makes it seem as if this file was left behind in development some time
ago, but I can understand how it might still be around for legacy
support. But if that's the case, if it's there for legacy support...
shouldn't it still work?