[wp-testers] Mr Add Image To Post..

Kirk M kmb42vt at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 14:43:08 GMT 2008

Mr. Awesome wrote:
> Peter Westwood wrote:
>> This message is from the nonce check code but no nonces are used by
>> WordPress here.
>>
>> The previous poster found it was caused by a contact form plugin.
>>
>> Please try with all plugins disabled.
>
> Just curious Westi, are there more plugins that use the nonces though?
> I'm wondering though, because even though I disabled that
> wp-contactform plugin by Ryan Duff... I was still having some troubles
> uploading an image via the uploader...
>
> Perhaps listing my plugins would give a better explanation of my
> errors? I know, for maybe one more plugin to cause me grief is
> probably the BAStats plugin... Well, here's what I got though...
>
> http://www.bad-behavior.ioerror.us/ Bad Behavior 2.0.13

Mr Awsome,

Bad Behavior 2.0.13 lists "shockwave flash" as a spam harvestor in  it's
blacklist file. It also lists "wordpress" as malicious software by the
way which I find ironically hilarious. Anyway, try this:

In your favorite FTP program, navigate to
"wp-content/plugins/bad-behavior/bad-behavior" (yes, there's two of
them) and download and open the "blacklist.inc.php" file in your
favorite editor. Once open locate and comment-out or delete the
following line:

"Shockwave Flash",    // spam harvester

Now try your uploads again.

I personally removed this next line as well. I never understood why that
was there in the first place (but that's me):

"Wordpress",        // malicious software (yup! It's there)

HTH