[wp-testers] First Post

Kevin Gallagher magic at mystifier.co.uk
Wed Mar 26 14:06:26 GMT 2008

Hi Guys,

I have a number of Wordpress sites running on 2.5, for example www.burtongrammar.co.uk

Generally, I like 2.5 Admin. My two biggest gripes so far are:

1) Edit Timestamp
My site is organised by post_date which I edit to suit. Against the post, you can edit the timestamp but it is not saved so I have to use phpmyadmin to 'manually' manage posts.

2) Admin Log-in Error
I cannot see the dashboard because logging into admin gives:
"Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in ~\wp-admin\includes\dashboard.php on line 46
... and I have to delete all wp_register_sidebar_widget calls to get it to work meaning little is viewable on dashboard.

I should maybe point out that my template has no sidebar. Much as I would like one, my attempt to add one following your guidelines failed miserably (I am not a web-developer by any stretch of the imagination)

KG