[wp-testers] DB_COLLATE is not used in searches

Bertilo Wennergren bertilow at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 07:53:50 GMT 2008

Testing WP-2.1RC1 I found that the collation set in "wp-config.php"
(DB_COLLATE) is not being used in searches. I think it should.

This can easily be fixed. In "wp-includes/query.php" the following part
can be changed as indicated here:

// If a search pattern is specified, load the posts that match
if ( !empty($q['s']) ) {

   // [...]

   foreach((array)$q['search_terms'] as $term) {
     $term = addslashes_gpc($term);
     // The following like has been added
     if ($wpdb->collate) $collatesql = ' COLLATE ' . $wpdb->collate;
     // The following line has been changed
     // $collatesql was inserted in two places
     $search .= "{$searchand}(($wpdb->posts.post_title LIKE
'{$n}{$term}{$n}'$collatesql) OR ($wpdb->posts.post_content LIKE
'{$n}{$term}{$n}'$collatesql))";
     $searchand = ' AND ';
   }

   // [...]
}

There is probably a more general way to fix this, but the above
simple solution should also work.

--
Bertilo Wennergren <http://bertilow.com>