[wp-testers] Re: gettext on 64-bit machines

Karl Wångstedt kalle at wangstedt.net
Tue Mar 25 18:05:42 GMT 2008

8 nov 2007 kl. 17.48 skrev Nikolay Bachiyski:
> 2007/11/8, Nikolay Bachiyski <nbachiyski at developer.bg>:
>> For long time WordPress users on 64-bit machines have been
>> experiencing problems with guessing byteorder in our gettext
>> implementation.
>>
>> If you have been or still are experiencing this problem, could you
>> have a look at the most recent ticket on that topic [0] and try the
>> two patches there to see if any of them works for you. Of course
>> report your findings here after that.
>>
>> Thank you in advance and happy testing,
>> Nikolay Bachiyski
>>

> Of course, I forgot the ticket url: http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3780

I see no change to the current nightly builds according to the ticket
above. For myself on an Intel C2D it still isn't working with gettext
(64 bit). But one of the comments to the ticket suggested another
patch, and with that I got it to work.

See http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3780#comment:18 for the change I
mean.

Maybe someone can look in to it.