[wp-testers] Permalinks

Kirk M kmb42vt at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 22:01:17 GMT 2008

Burhan Khalid wrote:

> Probably as a safeguard in those situations where rewrite support
> isn't available.

I also see this same problem on my online test site and my main site
(r7502) where the new "sample" permalink suggestion also has "index.php"
tacked onto it and I'm still using the 2.3.x .htaccess file (never
chnaged). I know my host supports mod rewrite and I've always used it.
If this said "index.html" instead of "index.php" I'd believe it but
"index.php" tells Wordpress to use themes. This appears to be a problem,
yes?