[wp-testers] built-in Gravatars?

Gene Steinberg gene at macnightowl.com
Mon Mar 24 18:01:45 GMT 2008

On Mar 24, 2008, at 10:58 AM, Daniel Schoonover wrote:
> Is there any documentation regarding this (besides the Codex info),
> I can't
> tell if this is up to date with 2.3 or if these reflects 2.5?
> Doesn't seem
> to be a way to search the mailing list to see if anyone else has
> asked, plus
> there isn't really an online resource regarding 2.5 other then the
> mailing
> list (at this time).
>
> What I'd like to find out is how do you actually get this working?
> Is this
> something you have to edit the theme to implement?  Would I still
> need one
> of the gravatar plugins or is this actually taking place of the
> plugin?
>
> Sorry for the questions, but I've never used gravatars before and am
> wondering if I should even spend the time figuring it all out.

You can create your Gravatar at http://en.gravatar.com/ and then, in
theory, it would show up in the comments panel when you post -- on a
blog that uses WordPress 2.5. You get a chance to rate your avatar --
er Gravatar -- in the traditionally MPAA fashion, such as G, PG13,
etc., and set your blog as to what level you'll accept.

Works for me at www.macnightowl.com

Peace,
Gene