[wp-testers] Uploading images to media gallery

Dave Allyn djallyn at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 04:52:35 GMT 2008

I am running the latest Flash too.  I am also using Opera, IE7, and Firefox
beta3.

I can upload images to my sandbox on Siteground, but not on Hosting Matters,
which is a more common webhost than Siteground.

As a test, I  have installed sandboxes on nine different server accounts on
Hosting Matters and six accounts at Siteground.com.  ALL of the Siteground
sandboxes will allow me to upload, whereas Hosting Matters does not.

The errors I get are as follows:

In IE7 I get:

 Specified file failed upload test.

In Firefox I get:

HTTP error.

Crunching...
An error occurred in the upload. Please try again later.

And in Opera I get:

Specified file failed upload test.

I wish we could go back to the old way of uploading files.  It seems to me
that if it wasn't broke, don't fix it.  It worked fine for uploading
graphics and other files.

Many of us are using webhosts that do not support these new file uploads.
Hosting Matters is not a small webhost provider, and frankly, after dealing
with them for years, they are not likely to change their configurations for
anyone.

Understand that each of these sandboxes I've created have no plugins
installed or activated.  They are virgin installs using the default theme.
I just installed the latest builds JUST for the purpose of trying to upload
graphics.  ALL Hosting Matters installs failed.  ALL Siteground installs
worked.  I will try the two accounts at DreamHost next.

 --
DJ Allyn
djallyn at gmail.com
 " The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music."