[wp-testers] Permalinks

Nick Bohle mail at nickbohle.de
Sun Mar 23 21:16:22 GMT 2008

Hi all!

A couple of days ago, I was reporting that my customized permalink structure
/%category%/%postname%/ [1] didn't function with the new image gallery.
Clicking on a thumbnail in an article returned a 404 Not Found error
message. This "error" resulted into a new ticket #6299 [2] which was
actually a dublicate to #4699 [3].

Today, I downloaded the newest WP version [4] and decided to update my
to say that the gallery works really fine now. But I was a little bit
shocked by the new offerings for a permalink structure (related to [4]?):

Day and name  	http://www.nickbohle.de/index.php/2008/03/23/sample-post/
Month and name 	http://www.nickbohle.de/index.php/2008/03/sample-post/
Numeric 		http://www.nickbohle.de/index.php/archives/123

Why index.php? I thought that we all want "pretty" permalinks. And besides
to that, I got a new warning (weblog works fine) on the permalink page:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in
/.../wp-includes/rewrite.php on line 835

Line 835:
// Extra permastructs
		$extra_rewrite = array();
		foreach ( $this->extra_permastructs as $permastruct )
			$extra_rewrite = array_merge($extra_rewrite,
$this->generate_rewrite_rules($permastruct, EP_NONE));

Is that caused by my new permalink structure?

[1] http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/wp-testers/2008-March/006791.html
[2] http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6299
[3] http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4699
[4] http://static.wordpress.org/builds/