[wp-testers] Uploading images to media gallery

Andrew Ozz admin at laptoptips.ca
Sun Mar 23 20:32:27 GMT 2008

Matt Mullenweg wrote:
> Andrew Ozz wrote:
>> Perhaps the message "An error occurred in the upload. Please try again
>> later" can be changed to something like: "An error occurred in the
>> upload. Please update your browser's Flash plugin or try again later"
>
> It should also be possible to detect the flash version.

SWFUpload is detecting it and goes to "graceful_degradation" if it's
under 8 (I think), but perhaps this doesn't work well in some
circumstances or for some flash versions.

There's not much about this on their site, but perhaps we can change the
error message to be more specific. I'll try it again this afternoon and
make a patch if it works.