[wp-testers] (no subject)

Dawnne Gee synthaetica at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 19:58:49 GMT 2008

There's a couple of things I'd like to see in the "Write" pages, and I hope
it's not improper to point them out to this group.

1.       The ability to define my own target name for a link without having
to switch to code view and do it completely manually. I do realize and
appreciate that with tabbed browsing this isn't likeable to some, but as a
standard, I target links between my websites to one target, links to my
blogroll members (when linked from posts) in another target, and
occasionally have topic-oriented links (such as a blogswarm) go to another .
This DOES keep a person's tabs from becoming overly cluttered without their
having to specifically close them. It's an option I'd like to have, anyway.

2.       (relatedly, I'd also like to be able to define a target for my
blogroll links themselves). Sure, I realize that most of us (yes, even
myself) Ctrl-click anyway, but not everyone does, and not every reader even
realizes that's a possibility. Especially on a business site, there's be
good value for having another tab or window come open while keeping my site
open. And after all, whether it opens in a new tab or new window is largely
an issue of each user's browser configuration. Named targets will open in
the same tab if you have your browser setup to open new windows in tabs.
Personally, I find that very convenient: for example, I can keep a tab open
for a long time, and then go back through it historically to do the
del.icio.us tango.

3.       On the image upload side of things, I'd like to have a "class"
field I can define. For example, on synthaetica.com, I'm using the Shutter
Reloaded plugin to present image previews, which needs a class reference.
Workflow would be improved a bit if I could enter that in when pushing the
image from the gallery to the page. It might also encourage me to get out of
code view, which I don't necessarily mind, but man it gets old.

Thanks for listening, and I'd appreciate your feedback.

~Synthaetica

Various locations and incarnations distributed variously