[wp-testers] Gallery

Michael E. Hancock mhancock at us.net
Sat Mar 22 14:01:36 GMT 2008

From: "George Pearce" <george at gpearce.co.uk>
> Ok, I'm going to be a noob. I heard about this new miracle gallery that
> Wordpress 2.5 has, but how does it work?
>
> I can't see anything in the main dialogue, and how would I access it
> through
> from a userside?
>
> Is it anything like the gallery on ma.tt ?

The new Gallery is more an administrative tool for you to manage the images
that you use for inclusion in posts and pages.  Andy's response [1] to your
thread yesterday seemed a good description of how the admin Gallery works.

For a Gallery where you present your images to readers of your blog, you may
want to look at some plugins [2].

[1] http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/wp-testers/2008-March/006948.html
[2] http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/search.php?q=gallery

Regards.