[wp-testers] Media uploader not functional

Jerry D. Russell jerry at spunpuppy.com
Fri Mar 21 11:24:54 GMT 2008

I noticed that some of the media files were updated overnight and did an
svn update to revision 7448, but I am still unable to upload any media
files through the dashboard.  All I gt is a message stating "Are you
sure you want to do that?" with a link telling me to try again.
Clicking "Please try again" simply reloads the dashboard into the frame.

Screenshot:
http://www.cookingbytheseatofmypants.com/WordPress-Media-Error.png

Server logs are showing that the page returned with a 200 (OK).
Internet Explorer 6 (under Wine in Linux) reports a 500 server error.
Firefox and seamonkey see the wordpress generated error page, as does
IE7 under Windows XP SP2.  Konqueror just doesn't work (Not surprising
but I wanted to check anyway.)

Is this a known issue that I just haven't picked up from the mailing
list?  Media uploads are something that should definitely be working by
the time a piece of software hits RC stage, aren't they?  Could this be
a problem with my server configuration?  If so, what should I check?