[wp-testers] Title= versus Alt=

Mr. Awesome theone.andonly.mr.awesome at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 06:39:36 GMT 2008

Mae Paulino wrote:
> First, it's alt attribute and title attribute :P
>
> The alt attribute isn't really supposed to show a tooltip (exception is IE6
> only), the alt attribute is there to act as "alternative text" so that if
> the image didn't show then the user will still know what the image is all
> about. So for the alt attribute you should describe the image briefly.
>
> If you want the title, you can just add it -- title="Click image to see
> larger size of it" but it's not a good practice to take out the alt
> attribute.
>
> For wordpress, when adding an image, there's a field for title and
> description, right? The description goes to the alt attribute and title
> field goes to title attribute

This is when adding the images to a post, in WRITE POST, straight link
to an image. NOT via an uploaded image through the uploader. I'm in the
WRITE POST pane, click IMG button, inserted my image's link, added the
alt attribute, hit OK.

This was working fine for me before though. I'm using FireFox... I
rarely ever use IE6, or IE7.. I only use IE for when doing themes or
something. I know what you mean though... but for some reason that alt
attribute worked in FireFox but it's not now.. .

Could there be a way to have an ALT and TITLE attribute prompt perhaps?