[wp-testers] Save and Continue Editing Button

Dave Churchill davinian at mac.com
Thu Mar 20 22:22:19 GMT 2008

This sounds like the best option to me, and I fully understand why it
would be a BAD idea to implement Auto-Save on live (published) posts.
I also think the notice at the top of the page is the most logical way
of giving users the option to continue to edit the post or go back to
the original referrer.

> Okay, we just changed trunk so that the "Save" button always does a
> save and continue unless the referrer was the permalink page for the
> post being edited (via an "Edit this" link).
>
> We're also looking at putting a notice at the top of the page after a
> save that says something like this:
>
> "Post saved.  Continue editing or __go back__."
>
> __go back__ is a link back to the original referrer.  If you visit the
> edit page from "Manage Posts", the go back link will always point back
> to Manage Pages no matter how many times you save.

David Churchill

---

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail may contain confidential information and is intended
solely for the above named recipient. If you have received it in
error, please notify me immediately and delete the e-mail. You must
not copy, distribute, disclose or take any action in reliance on it.