[wp-testers] Save and Continue Editing Button

Steve stevish at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 21:32:20 GMT 2008

Ok, I think this needs a little clarity:

When editing a DRAFT (at least on my testblog), the autosave saves once
every minute. When I click on the "Save" button, it saves and keeps me on
the same page so I can keep editing. This is what I usually do, viewing all
my updates in the preview which I have open in a second tab. THIS WORKS so
far.

The only time I can get it to LEAVE the editing page by clicking on the
"save" button is when I have already published the post. And since it's not
good practice to edit live posts, I think that this is a reasonable trait. I
do periodically publish a post only to realize there were typos in it, but I
usually only need to edit it once to clear those up.

So nothing is wrong with the save button or autosave on drafts... I think
most people wanted to also incorporate it into published posts too (which,
again, is bad practice imho).

Oh, and as a side note, I think having an auto-save when editing live posts
is a disaster waiting to happen, as people visit your site and see
half-typed sentences, or unclosed tags that break half the site.