[wp-testers] Plugin Auto Upgrade successful 2 times out of 5

Gene Steinberg gene at macnightowl.com
Wed Mar 19 16:27:29 GMT 2008

On Mar 18, 2008, at 4:05 PM, George Pearce wrote:
> That's interesting, every upgrade attempt I did on GP succeeded
> perfectly, I
> upgraded XML sitemaps, TDO mini forms and another one, and they just
> worked
> fine for me, no quibbles. No activating, deactivating, or anything
> like that
> :P

FYI: I used a third-party plugin updater, One Click Plugin Updater,
for past WP versions, and it seemed to work just fine. Or it may be
that the plugins I tried to update were programmed following the
"rules" and therefore problems didn't occur.

However, I haven't tried your version in WP 2.5, simply because none
of my plugins have required updating, apparently. I've got 21 working
just perfectly -- and that's amazing. I expected things to be a whole
lot worse. I think only one, which I used to add SSL encryption,
failed on me.

What I'm wondering is whether the WP programmers are using the same
method as One Click Plugin Updater. Maybe this was mentioned
previously, but I get 300 letters a day, plus the usual number of
spam, so this probably passed me by if it was discussed.

Peace,
Gene Steinberg