[wp-testers] HTTP error using new uploader in Firefox and Safari

Xel xel at netgra.de
Tue Mar 18 20:43:36 GMT 2008

Hi,
as for the 406 Error Code it may be useful to know, the differences between
the http-Header send by the specific browsers which work and which do not
work. Is your Browser at default configuration?

406 means, that the client requested something the server can not serve in
an accepted format.
So there are two things wich I'd say are important to know: Which formats
are accepted by your Browser - which format is wordpress trying to send. I
have no Idea about both at the moment.

While 403 only means forbidden, I would try to locate this one at the server
config - or a redirection to a false direction.
Dunno how to debug this, since my interest lies in php and html and not
swf... maybe you'll have a chance finding out, what the http-request is
before you get this error. Anyone any idea how this can be tracked?

I'd try to catch the headers, but I am not able to reproduce this with the
newest nightly of wp combined with any browser (opera, firefox, ie7, ie6,
safari). While IE6 will close the manager-lightbox at the second upload but
will finish that upload - and will be able to upload two more files when I
reopen the manager-lightbox.

Alex