[wp-testers] Safari 3.1 and Tiny MCE

Andrew Ozz admin at laptoptips.ca
Tue Mar 18 20:02:12 GMT 2008

Gene Steinberg wrote:
> All right, this gets even more troubling.
>
> Sometimes I get it to spell check, sometimes it hangs. The attempt to
> insert a URL for selected text works sometimes and puts on a blank
> screen otherwise. I observed this today in Firefox 3.0b4 and the
> official Safari 3.1 release on my Mac, running 10.5.2.
>
> Tried Safari 3.1 in Windows Vista and it was OK.
>
> Platform issue?
>
> Peace,
> Gene

Hi Gene,

It seems to be platform specific. The "Insert Link" has always been
working well on Windows and Linux while testing. Passed it to TinyMCE's
developers, will probably have a fix soon.

The spell checker connects to Google spell and if you're running
WordPress on a server on your computer, there may be a firewall that
blocks it. However it should time out after about 30 sec.

Have the pasting issues in Safari been resolved with RC1? It should
strip all inline css when pasting now, that results in much cleaner html.

Thanks.