[wp-testers] "File type does not meet security guidelines. Try another." has no clue what it's talking about.

Nightgunner5 [Ben] nightgunner5 at llamaslayers.net
Tue Mar 18 19:21:47 GMT 2008

I tried uploading three different compressed archives of the same
folder.  One was .zip, one was .tar.gz, and one was .tar.bz2  The .zip
and .tar.gz were allowed, the .tar.bz2 was blocked with the "File type
does not meet security guidelines. Try another." message

On closer examination, the .tar.gz file's filename was changed from
testfile.tar.gz to testfiletar.gz

If WordPress is going to block .bz2's, why doesn't it block .zip or .tar.gz?
--
~Nightgunner5
http://llamaslayers.net/modern-blue-testsite/