[wp-testers] Save / Publish (Post or Link) fails with new category

Kirk M kmb42vt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 16:08:43 GMT 2008

Christopher Weddell wrote:
> I think I spotted this in Beta 1, and took up challenge to join this
> list with Matt's post today about RC1...
>
> Using RC1 fresh install with no plugins - When I create a new Post or
> Link, then assign it to a new category (created on the Post or Link
> 'page'), the Save and Publish buttons fail to work.
>
> If I assign it to an existing category it works fine.
> Kind regards
> Christopher

Verified with a couple of notes:

The new category is actually never created nor is the post saved through
auto-save. Auto-save will only work if the new category hasn't been
created yet. Once the new category is created then auto-save stops
working as well as "Save and "Publish". But when a new category was
created, their was no draft post to be found anywhere even if auto-save
had saved the post before the creation of the new category.

The same goes for manually saving a post before the creation of a new
tag. The post is apparently saved but once you create the new tag in the
editor, navigating to the Dashboard or "Manage/Posts" does not show the
draft. Strangley enough, you can still Delete the post via the editor
page although everything else (Save and Publish) are not working.

Another thing I noticed besides the new category and post not actually
being created is that although you apparently have a post being written
on the "Write Post" page, if you attempt to leave that page the warning
that says "Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page" etc,
does not pop up.

I'm on Windows XP using Firefox 3b5pre nightly builds and WP 2.5 RC1.

HTH