[wp-testers] Re: Edit Comments?

Jamie Oastler jamie.oastler at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 02:32:23 GMT 2008

> But I do kinda like the idea of having the posts status link the edit
> link though too... Heck, when I first seen the changes for that area of
> admin panel... I assumed the "edit" link WAS the posts status link...
> until I hovered over it and noticed it pointed to actual blog post
> itself... I had to hover mouse over the posts title to see that it was
> pointing to the "edit" link...

While it will be easy enough to explain in release notes "Hey - big change,
there's no view or edit buttons, go hunting for 'em by clicking on stuff"
and people will adapt, it certainly doesn't give the impression that the
development community of Wordpress has given any thought to usability.
*VERY* many "Web 2.0" sites have made equally brazen assumptions - we're
beta, we're special, we don't have to follow "the rules" - and it infuriates
a substantial number of people.

The most accomodating solution given the real estate issues being addressed:
mouseover tooltips for the title column saying "Edit Post" and the status
column saying "View Post".