[wp-testers] Edit Comments?

Mr. Awesome theone.andonly.mr.awesome at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 22:48:55 GMT 2008

Jennifer Hodgdon wrote:
> I filed a bug on this two weeks ago. There has been no action on it or
> comments from the Powers To Be.

I know how you feel, there's been ALOT of very useful suggestions, and
ALOT of users with various concerns and such that have been left on the
curbside for trash pickup. Sometimes they'll listen to the users,
sometimes nothing ever happens until later down road after MANY MORE
come forward with same issues and concerns...

So far on the list...
a) Scroll bar affect on write post page, as well as some other places in
admin panel on a 800x600 res..

b) Make plugins that are ACTIVATED darker grey, plugins that aren't
activated, make them white. Or, use whatever colors, just have the
current ones switched.

c) Long-title-names-in-media-library-creates-huge-scroll-bar-affect,
resulting in 200px to 400px wide scroll affect....

d) Add some gravatar/avatar call code in the default and classic theme's
comments.php files... Example: <?php if(function_exists('get_avatar')){
?> <span
style="float:right"> <?php echo
get_avatar(get_comment_author_email(),25);?> </span> <?php } ?>

e) "If you click the "check all" box to select all of the comments while
in IE7, you get an error message. It works fine in FireFox." quoted Dave
Allyn...

f) Concerns regarding min-width / max-width / fluid / or whatever for
over-all admin panel design/ flexibility depending on users screen /
browser resolutions and such.

g) "You cannot access the actual post from the "manage posts" page -you
can only access the link to edit them." quoted Computer Guru... But, if
you're talking about accessing the posts link itself, like
domain.com/post/1 ... it's there when clicking the "Published" link
under "Status" column far right side...

h) Now when clicking the "Media Library" link
(domain.com/wp-admin/upload.php) it gives a 404. Just noticed that!

That's all I can think of off hand. But, at least your ticket was
handled and something was committed for "edit" /title attribute wise for
posts, comments, and pages.! =D