[wp-testers] Testers wanted: Plugin update testing

Aaron Harun admin at anthologyoi.com
Sun Mar 16 21:35:54 GMT 2008

The main concern I have with this method is that any error along the
process will not only break the plugin but it may also break the
entire website. Even without an error that breaks the plugin, on
larger plugins, you will have part of it working as the updated
version and part of it the older version. Of course you can stop both
of these by deactivating the plugin first, but without an extremely
reliable uploader, even a little error can kill the entire website.

A second problem is that, over time, files change names or are removed
from plugins. A straight uploader can't handle that, and doesn't know
which ones should be removed and which should stay.

Aaron