[wp-testers] Automatic Plugin Upgrader

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Sat Mar 15 23:10:47 GMT 2008

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 12:52:19 +1100, Matt Mullenweg <m at mullenweg.com> wrote:

> I should also note that I'm gun-shy about this feature because it deleted a directory full of custom plugins, which have left me partially crippled until I can get back to San Francisco and see if I have any local copies.

*slaps forehead* What have i done, Allowed the master to get bitten.. :P

Yeah... Thats what you get if you dont check paths correctly; I've had to pull out the file recovery apps a few times allready; I guess its just proof we can all fall sometimes.

I would however, Hope that you've got a backup system in place? Your host should've had one, And if its a dedicated server(which wouldnt supprise me :P) then why you dont have a backup system in place on that, i'm not sure.

Yeah, I cant advertise backups enough honestly, i rarely do them myself, But that doesnt mean i dont know the reason for them.