[wp-testers] Windows Live Writer image names

Kirk M kmb42vt at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 12:15:47 GMT 2008

Joseph Scott wrote

> Of course, I sent my response before seeing this :-)
>
> What did you have to change in WLW?
>
> --
> Joseph Scott
> joseph at randomnetworks.com
> http://joseph.randomnetworks.com/
There's a couple ways in WLW to do the same thing but the quickest way
is under the "Weblog" drop down menu in either the menu bar or the
toolbar just below the menu bar, select "Edit weblog settings" (making
sure that the correct weblog is selected if you have more than one
listed.). In the resulting "Account" dialog box, click on the "Update
account configuration" button at the bottom. This brings WLW up to date
for any changes that might have been made in your theme, plugins or
WordPress core file system for any given blog. This isn't always
necessary when a user makes regular security upgrades to their WP
install but apparently when there's enough of a change in the file
system so that WLW no longer recognizes the site as compared to it's
current configuration settings, it reverts to a "default" "poke and
hope" mode and sometimes WLW won't publish at all. I'm getting the idea
that this is one of the reasons that after a major upgrade to a
WordPress install, many users complain that WLW will no longer post to
their custom WP blog. In fact, this may have at least partially solved a
long standing WLW/WordPress "bug" that's been around since WLW first
came out. I'll have to check with Joe Cheng ( head developer for WLW)
about this.

Please excuse my wordiness. I used to write tech manuals, operations and
maintenance procedures that anyone could use--never got out of the habit. :)