[wp-testers] Windows Live Writer image names

Kirk M kmb42vt at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 02:13:11 GMT 2008

Paul Gregory wrote:
> Does it add the kludge if you upload a file that doesn't have a space in it
> (and therefore wouldn't need renaming)?
>
> On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 5:59 PM, Kirk M <kmb42vt at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Image Name: "insomnia 2.jpg"
>>
>> Uploaded image name changed to:
>> "windowslivewritertesteye-bdacinsomnia-2.jpg

I found out that it was due to Windows Live Writer not recognizing the
Wordpress configuration itself. To solve it I updated to the last
revision at that time and then updated the weblog configuration in WLW
and things went back to normal. In short, it was a combination of
updating the site to the latest revision of 2.5 which WLW didn't
recognize due to changes in the file system. Interesting exercise if
nothing else and probably explains certain problems WLW users have had
after upgrading their WordPress installs.

Thanks