[wp-testers] Windows Live Writer image names

Kirk M kmb42vt at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 17:59:19 GMT 2008

Windows Live Writer (WLW), which has been directly supported by
WordPress since version 2.3.1 (I believe) and it appears to be
experiencing an old problem of adding all sorts of kludge onto image
names within the last couple of days (was running r7275 at that point).
I ran a test post to a site running the latest trunk (r7290) today and
here's a good example of what I'm getting:

Post title: "Test Eye"
Image Name: "insomnia 2.jpg"

Uploaded image name changed to:
"windowslivewritertesteye-bdacinsomnia-2.jpg" (kludge added onto the
thumbnail image name also).

I've posted about this at WLW's forum but I'm curious to know if anyone
else who publishes using WLW and running the same revisions might be
experiencing the same problem. I simply not sure if it's an old WLW bug
rearing it's ugly head or the latest revisions identifying images
uploaded by WLW that way for some reason.

Windows Live Writer 2008 (build 12.0.1367.1128)

Thanks