[wp-testers] Automatic Plugin Upgrader

Kirk M kmb42vt at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 14:46:05 GMT 2008

Mr. Awesome wrote:
> Matt Mullenweg wrote:
>> Until we do the release, would it be possible to get this debug stuff
>> in core to help people out? This is the part of 2.5 I'm most worried
>> about.
>
> I would go ahead and add the debug stuff to the core a while. There's
> a some-what broad range of folks using Trunk on daily live blogs
> (which really shouldn't be happening, but it is...) as well as normal
> test blogs that people setup and use to test things out. IMHO, it'd be
> best to put this testing / debug plugin into core a while... it can
> always be stripped out near the release... what you all think?

If adding the debug stuff will help in debugging and tracking down
problems in 2.5 then by all means do so. And don't worry about about the
folks running trunk on their main sites. They're just bunch of old or
not so old tech heads like myself who have a the ability to make their
installs do head stands on a regular basis (whether we plan them or
not). Instead, take advantage of the fact that this in fact exists if
you know what I mean. If you add debugging into the core and perhaps
write up a sample testing script to check it out that we could all
follow (so we're all on the same track if not on the same setup) I know
I'd be more than willing to bring my 2 test sites (online and local) up
to the latest revision and follow any testing type
scripts/plans/scenarios you might come up with.

Okay, enough out of me. ;)