[wp-testers] Media Manager

Kirk M justhinkin2 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 00:41:07 GMT 2008

From: "Andy Skelton" <skeltoac at gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 7:50 PM
To: <wp-testers at lists.automattic.com>
Subject: Re: [wp-testers] Media Manager

> On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 5:16 PM, Jim Stitzel
> <stitzelj at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  I can upload an image, but once it's completed I get no
>> preview - just
>>  a file name on the left and a link called "Show" on the
>> right.  Seems
>>  like I should have an image preview of the uploaded file
>> and a way to
>>  insert the image into the current post.  I get neither
>> of those.
>
> Sounds like a javascript issue. Have there been any
> javascript errors?
>
> Client js caching should not be an issue because I updated
> the version
> in the script loader, but it would be good to try clearing
> your cache
> in this instance.
>
> Because it is in an iframe, the javascript is not reloaded
> by F5. In
> Firefox you can right-click in the iframe and click This
> frame ->
> Reload. Otherwise you have to flush the entire browser
> cache.
>
> Cheers,
> Andy

I've been trying to duplicate that Jim's having but
unfortunately(?) I can't. First I uploaded a single image
from my PC. After the proper "crunching", the image
thumbnail shows up on the left hand side with the proper
fields and options underneath. I inserted the image into the
editor but did not save the post instead, navigating to the
"Manage/Media Library" to check to see if the thumbnail
showed up there also which it did.

My guess is that Jim is working with a browser that has
scripting disabled which would give the results he
describes. I was able to duplicate his results by disabling
Java script in Firefox 3 beta 4. The uploader comes up in
it's own page rather then the Ajax style box, I could upload
an image but no thumbnail will show (just a file name) and
"Insert into editor" isn't there. So my questions would be,
what browser are you using and do you in fact have scripting
enabled?

HTH

Kirk