[wp-testers] Re: WP caching / performance

deliciousdays oliver.seidel at deliciousdays.com
Wed Mar 12 17:42:08 GMT 2008

George Pearce wrote:
>>> Are "Wordpress Viper Cache Alpha" or "WP Super Cache", perhaps the
>>> older "WP-Cache2" compatible/recommendable?
>>>

> WP Super Cache works perfectly, I've got it running on GPearce; which is on 2.5 at the moment. I've not tried the others.

I guess it is in the nature of those add'l plugins to require somewhat
static pages (except JS based changing content).

E.g. if you show a random image in your sidebar, which gets chosen via a
PHP code snippet, or other dynamic 3rd party content I'd think none of
those Caching mechanisms that produce static HTML pages would do...I'm
happy to stand corrected :-)

Oliver