[wp-testers] Custom PHP... Theme construction.

LCSV4 theape at thelittlechimpsociety.com
Tue Mar 4 14:17:57 GMT 2008

I'm using a custom PHP call to switch a div name depending on a
predetermined array... Is this a bug or just a quirk?

<?php if ($hem_doc_side == "left") {
echo '1';
} if ($hem_doc_side == "right") {
echo '2';
} ?>">

The call will works in all of the template files, but for some reason
will not work in the index.php. The problem is isolated to this specific
call relating to this array not all custom calls...

    array(    "name" => "Sidebar position",
            "id" => $shortname."_doc_side",
            "type" => "select",
            "std" => "left",
            "options" => array("left", "right"))

The call is ignored in the index file, but the call will display an
'else' if one is added. Tested on versions 2.0 - 2.5 same result. I've
never come across this problem before. The work around is for me to
place the call in an include or in different file so I'm not after a
solution, I just though I would bring it to the lists attention.

I would have posted this to the forum, but it would have more than
likely been ignored because there's no obvious problem.