[wp-testers] Changes

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Fri Jul 18 16:47:43 GMT 2008

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 8:51 AM, Ryan Boren <ryan at boren.nu> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 8:29 AM, Duane Storey <duanestorey at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I've having some problems with a plugin I wrote and version 2.6.  It
>> now appears that when saving or getting options from wordpress, that
>> somewhere an implicit serialize or unserialize is happening.
>> This causes problems because the rest of the code assumes it's
>> serialized, and the unserialize method doesn't like an array being
>> past it.
>>
>> Does anyone know if the code has changed in core for 2.6?  It looks
>> like this might have to do with some cache code in the options code in
>> 2.6.
>
> http://trac.wordpress.org/changeset/8100
>
> Reverting that change restore the old behavior.  Crazy.

Duh, $data was being immediately returned instead of falling through
to the is_serialized case.  I read that last if as an elseif.

Fixed.  2.6.1 will restore the old behavior.  To work with all
versions, plugins should pass their data unserialized.  It just ends
up being serialized again anyway.

http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7347